Proud to be a supporter of
Treatments offered for managing Fibromyalgia include:
• Keeping an Activity Diary, and Analysis of this throughout treatment
• Pacing, Fatigue Management and Energy Conservation
• Sleep Hygiene
• Memory strategies to combat ‘Fibro-Fog’
• Exercise- individual programmes to alleviate stiffness and prevent deconditioning. Aerobic
• and/or Resistance/strengthening exercises.
• Activities of Daily Living and provision of assistive devices
• Relaxation techniques such as progressive muscular relaxation or guided imagery.
• Advice regarding self-management programmes and support agencies.
Fibromyalgia is a long term condition that causes widespread pain all over the body, the exact cause of which is unknown, but often clients can relate to a ‘trigger’ that started the process of Fibromyalgia symptoms.
It is often a complex and involved process when treating someone with symptoms of Fibromyalgia as the symptoms are variable in nature and affect individuals in different ways. Many people suffering from Fibromyalgia are mostly affected by the debilitating nature of the condition, the associated fatigue, mental health implications such as depressive illness, coming to terms with and coping with a complete change of lifestyle.